Original topic:

How can I find out if someone's using my email account?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
wiseslythe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

How to positively identify that someone's using ur email account? When I check the devices on my account it just says me but I know that's not true. I have calendar events I didn't make or activate myself through subscriptions or invites. I delete my emails in my inbox and immediately it shows right back up in my inbox. It won't delete. I have 2 copies for some reason with certain emails coming through as an advertisement or a calendar event with me as the sender and me receiving the calendar event? I've changed passwords recovery information 2 step verification prompts....Still having the same problem?

4 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

which email provider are you using?

0 Likes
wiseslythe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Outlook and yahoo. I do not share these accounts together. No migration from me
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

which email client are you using? (Samsung Email, Outlook app, Yahoo Mail)

I had a problem with calendar entries using the Samsung Calendar app with my Outlook calendar. I could make an entry from my device and I could watch it disappear in real time. However, the calendar entry was present in Outlook on the web. I haven't solved that problem. I'm wondering if this is similar.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@wiseslythe If you are using a Google account (which most of us are), spam email can cause calendar events to be created. You can control this following the directions on this Google help article -> https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/12790228?hl=en

"I have 2 copies for some reason with certain emails coming through as an advertisement or a calendar event with me as the sender and me receiving the calendar event?"

That is just email spoofing. It is not necessarily a direct sign that someone has user access to your account. 

0 Likes