JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The modes feature is horrible

(Topic created: 01-25-2023 05:54 AM)
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

This modes feature is horrible! I used to simply have do not disturb (DND) automatically start & stop at specific times. Now it can only be done under the modes umbrella. Okay fine. Except it's not fine at all.

I'll setup DND under modes. It will start automatically but NEVER turns off automatically. Not once since modes has been on my device has it turned off automatically as set.

Then when I go into modes there will be 2, 3, 4 even 5 repeated modes in the same category when I only created 1. I can delete all but 1. Even then, whatever I set to perform at a specific start time NEVER stops at the appointed stop time.

NEVER!

Oh and complication doubles with my Galaxy Watch 4 synced to my S21U. Sleep used to turn off automatically on my watch. Not anymore. I'm often woken up by my watch vibrating when it should be in sleep mode. But sleep mode is now tied into the sleep mode mess of my S21U. So it makes for a bad experience on my GW4 now. 

I'm looking to upgrade this Galaxy S21U to the S23U but if I can't get simple functionality back I might ditch Samsung. 

I've put off writing this for a long time now. I've liked Samsung, for the most part, for many years now. This experience burdens me so much and I'm not the only one with these exact or similar issues.

If we get One UI 5.1, I sincerely hope that this Modes mess is sorted out. If not, there are other manufacturers & devices to choose from.

Samsung please don't make me defect to CrApple!😤
4 Replies
ChopperDan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I know EXACTLY what you're saying!
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I can put on DND at certain times no issue it's under notifications
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
You can't set it to a schedule. Only turn on or off. The scheduling is done under modes buddy.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with Do Not Disturb not turning off properly and would be happy to look into this further for you. Studying the night before an exam? A distraction is the last thing you need. Don’t let anything pull your focus with Do not disturb. It mutes all alerts on your phone when you really need some peace and quiet. You can also set Do not disturb to turn on or off automatically at scheduled times. Of course, you can always set certain alerts as exceptions, so you don’t miss an important call.

Note: Available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider, software version, and phone model. Give this link a try for steps to properly set a schedule for Do Not Disturb: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077281/