Original topic:

Unable to Unlock Phone as Correct PIN Not Recognized and No Other Options Provided

(Topic created: 06-03-2024 03:21 PM)
jeggloo2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Model : S21FE

Security is set to fingerprint with PIN as the backup / alternative. I haven't changed either in over a year I'd say. For some reason when asked to unlock with PIN yesterday, the correct PIN was not being recognized. I can't recall when I did a software update last, but I'd say nothing within the last 3 months for sure. It doesn't give me the option to unlock in any other way other than PIN. I've search many online resources with no clear answer. I tried to restart my phone whether normal, safe mode, etc, but can't because it still asks me for a PIN to restart it. I let my phone battery die as a workaround to reboot it and PIN is still showing as incorrect. SmartThings doesn't have the remote unlock feature anymore. Factory reset is not an option sadly because I need the stuff that's on my phone and ideally I would have most of it if the model offered SD cards, but unfortunately this one didn't šŸ˜”

Found some 2024 posts similar to this, but figured may be ok to start a new one since it's mid year already. Please please please, someone have the answer to this.

2 Replies
Lennyy777
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm dealing with the same issue on my S21 FE too...Its not recognizing my pattern and I been locked out for a whole year now. Had to get back on my outdated S7, if you've found a solution that does NOT wipe your data please let me know. Dying to get back on that phone at this point, it's been too long...
0 Likes
YepSme
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
0 Likes