Original topic:

One UI 6.1 feedback megathread S21 series

(Topic created: 07-05-2024 09:19 PM)
Beckanator
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have had my S21 Ultra and other Samsung phones for years. The latest round of OS updates SUCK! My whole layout changed. I lost my home screen settings. I can't even navigate to my apps until an unknown amount of time passes. 

Really bad Samsung. 

7 Replies
zackc420
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I swear they never get anything right when it comes to updates! These phones are difficult enough without updates moving things around...
0 Likes
Sambone9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same on S22+
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Which update are you referring the ui 6.1 or monthly
0 Likes
lancer7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
After 6.1 update, when using screen mirror, all i see on my tv is a gray screen with a home button and back button. No longer able to screen mirror apps like Youtube or Samsung Plus Tv. Only get the audio. Phone call to Samsung tech support was futile.
0 Likes
Members_i9c9aOY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

They finally did it. My next phone update will be an Apple. I don't want Google Assistant yet I keep getting asked to open and install it during a swipe to scroll up. The Lock Screen now keeps moving the date and time and I've had to change things back to where they were.  I used to love my S21 Ultra, now it is just another phone that provides updates I need to contend with user interfaces, which should not change. I have 2 phones and each, though identical, have different issues. The lock screen on the second one has red lettering which I can't change back. 

0 Likes
userv5qltOYXf9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung, please please please change the placement of the speech to text microphone!! The old placement was just fine and you could operate with one hand (right-handed). 

This new placement doesn't allow you to do one handed functions unless long thumb. It is oddly placed at the bottom and in corner, versus towards the top on/ near the keyboard. 

Not sure why it was moved; However user should be given the option to customize were is located for ease of use/user friendliness. Or make it a floating button like you can with the shutter button for the camera.

Mika84
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I totally agree the new placement is very inconvenient