Original topic:

Vertical scrolling hoax

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
tomed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have an S21 ultra. I used to have vertical scrolling and it was removed by some update. I'm sick of not having vertical scrolling and am sicker of hearing it's coming back in 6.1.1 and then not receiving 6.1.1. Now I'm reading that it won't be until one ui 7. Geeze! I dislike this phone because of this and wish I still had my Google Pixel. Only reason I got this phone was to connect two Bluetooth speakers. Vertical scrolling is a must have feature if you have apps that go from A to Z and WHO DOESN'T?

GRRRRR. 
9 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm sorry to hear this vertical app scroll will return at some point, we don't have a date as to when it will return. I personally don't like it and prefer the way it is now

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

tomed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
So you are probably the only person on the planet that enjoys countlessly swiping left and right to find an app when with vertical scrolling you simply scroll from A to Z with one swipe to find an app.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

That's why they make a SEARCH box; and the little page dots at the bottom are shortcuts, so you can tap a dot to the location where your app lies in alpha order. 

To me, there is absolutely no difference between scrolling up on a vertical scroll and scrolling right to left on a horizontal scroll, so if that's your reasoning behind wanting a vertical scroll, it's illogical. Esthetically, I much prefer the horizonal scroll. If vertical scroll does come back, I would hope they make the scroll type optional, or at least changeable with Good Lock.

GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
It's the same you either have to swipe left and right or wipe up and down

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

tomed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Uh, no it's not.
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
In the interim while waiting, try a third party Home App... almost all of them are better and provide much more customization than the stock Samsung app..
tomed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
3rd party? Haven't looked and not familiar. Which would you suggest/recommend?
0 Likes
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
All on Google Play store..I use Lynx Launcher, bu action launcher, Microsoft launcher, and many others are worth a try.. have fun
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
I didn't mention Nova because of the uncertainty surrounding it's future..it's a great launcher.

https://www.androidpolice.com/nova-launcher-future-uncertain-layoffs-slash-core-dev-team/
0 Likes