Original topic:

Voice input not working properly

(Topic created: Sunday)
Aely
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
When I use voice input, it does crazy things it didn't used to do. Like if I say $5.99, it spells it out in words. Spells out punctuation instead of putting the punctuation. Stops in the middle of sentences, random capital words, frequent misspellings , turns itself off while I am speaking etc. 
Is anyone else having the same issues with their Samsung?? I am so frustrated. 
0 Likes
5 Replies
Captnsmack
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same problem with voice input It hardly ever understands what I say no matter how clear I say it and it just shuts off in the middle of talking and alot of times doesn't make sense to me. For instance if I ask for distance between my location and a specific town that's in the same state as I am it will find towns that are in other countries or other states and give me the distance for The places that are far away instead of the ones that are close
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
My Bixby wouldn't let me talk and kept getting everything incorrect. Google assistant was a bit better. Google Gemini was accurate. What are you using for the input when you dictate.
0 Likes
Aely
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
My voice. Usually just for texting but sometimes google searching
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Okay, other people are experiencing the same as you I was reading YouTube comments. What about trying gboard from the playstore I know it's a temporary solution but might work better. Sorry you can't find the button.
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard settings > Voice input.  Select Google Voice Typing. This should now recognize punctuation properly.

Samsung's version used to be really good. I don't know why it's so bad now.
0 Likes