Original topic:

Messaging

(Topic created: Sunday)
tammydj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I can't respond to text messages that are not actual phone numbers. ANY suggestions why I can't? 
5 Replies
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Can you call the numbers? I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Are they short code numbers that are texting you? If a number isn't an actual phone number, then they may be burner numbers?
Benjoh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I think she is talking about numbers in 5 or 6 segments that we get from phone companies, doctor's appointments, etc. Legitimate ones give you prompts, but sometimes automatic system for doctor's don't so I was told to just put STOP on those.
Benjoh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Some of these can only let you reply if prompt. Like a reminder to pay your phone bill or your doctor calling too much. Sometimes there might be a scam. Usually doctors are reminders but the get too much. Reply STOP and they will stop. I get these too. The reminders that are annoying just put Stop in CAPS. Those don't prompt you too. If you get any other that is not someone you expect like auto repair shop, your receipt for purchase, and items that you know you didn't get, write the number and text down and give to your local law enforcement for scams.
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, it sounds like a scam.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
She is saying she can't reply to messages with short codes.
0 Likes