Original topic:

WIFI and Mobile hotpot aren't working

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
scottredeemed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a Samsung S21FE and as of 3 days ago it's WIFI will no longer turn on past a couple of seconds.  It looks like it is searching for networks for approximately 2 seconds and then turns off.  My mobile Hotspot on the phone is doing something similar.  So, I have been unable to connect to WIFI and unable to use my Hotspot.  I am not super electronics savvy, but it seems like it could be some sort of internal WIFI card issue which both functions likely use.  I of course tried the simplest solution, restarting the phone which didn't work.  Then I tried doing resets, except for a factory reset in the hopes that it was a settings issue.  I have done everything that I can think of outside of the factory reset.  I am willing to do that, but I am wanting other feedback before I resort to doing that and I have to go through a lot of hassle getting all of my personal and professional applications back on the phone.  Any Help???

9 Replies
ClydesBonnie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Try a factory reset. I know it sucks to lose all of your stuff, but hopefully, this will save your phone.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
You can try to reset your wifi and Bluetooth settings in general management - Reset - Reset wifi and Bluetooth settings
I would also suggest clicking on the support tab on the bottom of this app and run a diagnosis to see if they are a issue
1714671546451_1714671546443_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
scottredeemed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have already tried resetting the wifi and bluetooth settings.  I am interested in how you got to that diagnostics screen.  I searched for diagnostics and I do not see that anywhere on my phone.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Bottom of the Members app
1714672840502.jpg1714672840526.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
user4f3Z12fxhn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
You find an answer for this yet, I'm on the same boat as you. Phone doing the exact same thing
0 Likes
RonW88
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having the same issue
0 Likes
SarahNg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
What should I set all of my wifi settings as like my iPhone settings and proxy