Original topic:

Text Messaging no longer works in car!

(Topic created: 01-06-2024 01:44 AM)
Bronski
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have recently received the latest update for my S21.

Since this update I can now no longer receive or send text messages from my Land Rover. prior to the update everything worked fine. When I press on text messaging on my in car infotainment unit it jus says 'Text Messaging Not Available'

I have tried to look at bluetooth settings and the text messaging button no longer exists, only calls and audio. I have unpaired the units, repaired and still nothing works. Has anyone else had this issue please, and fixed it?

12 Replies
DB083
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have just updated too and my S21 Ultra is not connecting to my wifi at home. 

It says there is no internet when there is

Members_5RbS77h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having the same issue since the last update and it is more than frustrating! I hope Samsung fixes this soon... 

brydenver
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same issue Cannot receive text messages on my car radio anymore.
After the latest update Samsung customers service is clueless On this matter still waiting for another update
0 Likes
Da11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Iā€™ve got the same issue with an A52 5G.  I spent about an hour on the phone with Samsung technical support with no success at all.  No mention that there was a Samsung software issue!  The phone works well.  I reconnected my old A7 and it works well and I can see and send messages.  Clearly Samsung are burying their collective heads in the sand.

0 Likes
JeannieLee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My s21 ultra has had issues for a year and a half since one of the first updates however the past couple of weeks text messages don't seem to be coming in or going out so today I downloaded Google messaging and set that as my default and that is working for the most part. I don't know why it won't let me send links But I have been able to send and receive texts and pictures. So apparently it's the Samsung messages default app. Go figure.

Give me back my text
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here with an S22+

Won't send or recieve text on a Mercedes 2018 CLC Comander system.

Been that way for the latest 3 updates.

Please fix this Samsung 

0 Likes
Andyvb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here with my landrover discovery...ridiculous!

0 Likes
HelenG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

S23 Ultra.

I'm having same issue, frustrating,  tried everything.. tested an older Samsung & messaging working in car....

0 Likes
gdubb12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here with 2024 GMC Terrain & Galaxy s20. Messages not coming through infotainment
0 Likes