JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Will my S21 FE 5G support the older devices such as gear S/S2/S3/frontier and classic

(Topic created: 03-30-2023 11:19 AM)
Fe26man
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Howdy lads and lassies of the samsung community. I have a question for samsung, will my S21 FE 5G support the older devices such as gear S/S2/S3/frontier and classic as well as galaxy watch/ watch active/watch 2/watch 3/. Simply because it has sparked a question and because of newer wearables such as the watch 4 and watch 5 and 5 pro

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I have used my 2018 Galaxy Watch with multiple phones and it works. At the moment I am using S23 with aforementioned watch.

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I have used my 2018 Galaxy Watch with multiple phones and it works. At the moment I am using S23 with aforementioned watch.

0 Likes
Fe26man
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Cool! So it will work. Just some features are no longer supported?
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
It just works as it always did. I personally don't see any limitations.

Fe26man
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
👍
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

The Galaxy Gear watches are not supported on the S21 and newer. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Fe26man
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Okay. Say I own and a gear s3 and I have most if not all compatibility with my 2021 phone and an old 2016 watch?
0 Likes
johnlarg3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
J95G+RPR Des Moines, Iowa
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

That is the official Samsung position on the Gear S, Gear and Gear S2. Not positive on the S3. I can say from personal experience the Gear and Gear S2 didn't connect either with BT or Wear app with my S21U. Both watches ẁere LTE. I actually recently traded in my 2014 Gear for $125 when i bought the GW5P.

And yes, the Galaxy watch series work fully, not sure about the Active but I believe so.

I would check on current sales and trade value

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Fe26man
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Would I be able to control the music app or get some or all notifications? Or be able to answer calls and texts?
0 Likes