JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wondering about possibility of software controled bezel?

(Topic created: 06-18-2021 01:08 PM)
yaniv382
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi so i am thinking about finally upgrading and changing my galaxy S7 to a galaxy S21 but i don't like the idea of a hole in my screen (the camera without a bezel around it) while playing or watching videos 

i was wondering if a feature of resizing the screen and creating an artificial bezel exist? 

like making a black line on the top of the screen along with the camera so the phone will only display under it, it has to be possible thanks to oled screens

thank you for helping me with my question, and if it does not exist i really think samsung should make such feature.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
WAO71421
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to ABOUT then go to SOFTWARE INFORMATION then repeatedly click on BUILD NUMBER until you unlock developer options. Then in developer options look for the setting SIMULATE DISPLAY WITH CUTOUT and choose the bezels you want to apply.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
It usually stops the video from showing just before the cutout so you don't see it while watching videos. You can full screen the video but that affects the aspect ratio.
0 Likes
yaniv382
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I am not sure i understand your answer or that you understood my question, i am asking if there is a way to control the displayed area and make it so there will be a small bezel around the camera when playing games and stuff or maybe have it like this all the time

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, assuming the s21 is the same as the s20 with one hole on the front, when you play most videos they won't go all the way to the edge of the screen. The picture will usually stop before the camera cutout so you won't see a hole while watching stuff. I do still see it on some games but on the majority of videos it does not show. Is there a way to have a permanent bezel around the camera hole? I don't know, maybe with a third party app?
yaniv382
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for the info, i was able to find this video (https://youtu.be/hBUP55OZasg?t=47) and i am happy with what i found this is exactly what i meant and it looks great i can only hope it exist on galaxy S21, hopping someone could confirm that it's possible to create the virtual bezel on S21 aswell

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Apologizes. I totally forgot about that feature because I don't use it. I really thought the cutout was going to bother me when I got the phone but it doesn't so I turned that feature off to have more screen space. Whether or not the s21 has that feature I don't know but I would assume so. Maybe someone with an s21 can chime in.
Solution
WAO71421
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to ABOUT then go to SOFTWARE INFORMATION then repeatedly click on BUILD NUMBER until you unlock developer options. Then in developer options look for the setting SIMULATE DISPLAY WITH CUTOUT and choose the bezels you want to apply.