JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

4K Movies NOT supported

(Topic created: 05-14-2022 04:04 PM)
Options
Galaxy S22
So I just purchased  4K movies to watch on my S22 Ultra and I come to find out it's NOT supported the movies are capable but my phone's not. 

Seems like false advertising to me since Samsung always gloating about 4K and 8k videos to record but before I jump the gun does anyone know if there is something I maybe missing?

UPDATE for clarification since I have had a harassing troll in the group. As I do KNOW and have stated " seems like false advertising " is NOT a statement of fact to be it simply is my opinion of such because I had learned after pasting this that the S22 series can only reach 1440P. I consider this half functionality because technically it is since the display cannot produce the same resolution that is capable of being recorded. 

There are other cellphones with 4K displays within the same price point and slightly cheaper. Although Samsung has a decent user interface the point is to show existing products that can compete with Samsung for content performance. Yes, people can't visually see the difference but the point is Rather paying for half functionality ( 4K recording with no 4K play back) a person could receive that performance from other cellphones for similar price points (Sony). 

Such a discussion is ok to be had as it opens technological dialogue in the community. Ultimate this is one I find interesting and should be had since we pay for 4K and 8K recording. Again this is a discussion post as well as a discovery post for myself and those who may not know. 

I do not condone harassment or misrepresentation of anything anyone says here. Please be respectful as I have not received such from a specific member in this discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
In looking at both the apps that you mention above, neither has 4k downloads for the phone, so it appears the issue is with Vudu and Movies, not Samsung.

My guess would be storage issues. SD on a phone is pretty good. HD is excellent. Who needs 4K?

View solution in context

20 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
What are you using to try to watch them?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Vudu and Movies Anywhere.

Both apps are saying my s22 Ultra is not capable
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Everthing I see says that the s22 records and plays 4k videos via the camera.
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah I just kind of find it stupid now that I noticed this. Why have two pieces of equipment that don't work together 4K 8K camera but display isn't compatible. 🤷 It's just kinda half way pointless.

I'm also very disappointed because they could have just added a few more pixals to make it 4K
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
In looking at both the apps that you mention above, neither has 4k downloads for the phone, so it appears the issue is with Vudu and Movies, not Samsung.

My guess would be storage issues. SD on a phone is pretty good. HD is excellent. Who needs 4K?
Options
Galaxy S22
Nobody needs 4K on a phone but it make so much sense to have it if you're gonna gloat about 4K recording. Otherwise I really see no point in offering it honestly. I understand the complexity of video and the hardware but it just doesn't make sense to provide something that no one can take full advantage of.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
They provide it for personal video(s) made with the camera, as promised and advertised.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
As I said prior still remains my response.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm sure there is a technical reason that they, or any other phone maker, do not provide the 4k that you wish for.
0 Likes