Original topic:

5G issues?

(Topic created: 09-03-2023 06:05 PM)
KAT176
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Spouse and I have the same Samsung Galaxy 22 ultra, purchased at same time. Often, when his phone shows 5G service, mine is only 4G. What could cause this? Perhaps SIM card issues or I'm running an app which is interfering somehow?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to Settings>Connections>Mobile networks> are there any options in here to set up 5G preferred? If there aren't, I recommend contacting your carrier regarding this issue, as your capability to set preferred modes/networks is unique among carriers and might be limited. They would also be able to tell you why your spouse is receiving 5G service, and not you.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to Settings>Connections>Mobile networks> are there any options in here to set up 5G preferred? If there aren't, I recommend contacting your carrier regarding this issue, as your capability to set preferred modes/networks is unique among carriers and might be limited. They would also be able to tell you why your spouse is receiving 5G service, and not you.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
Something you can try before contacting your carrier is Settings>General management>Reset>Reset network settings. This will reboot your mobile network, but it will also clear all Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections/settings and you will have to reestablish them afterward.
JACKINACRACKISGOOD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

<hidden> is having problems with my cellphone trying to get on my mom's iPad. I only have a Samsung galaxy AO3 can you help me get on my cellphone only. thank you me

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
Kindly post a separate topic on the appropriate board concerning this, and please provide more context and detail about your specific issue. 🙂
0 Likes