Original topic:

AOD Icons change with UI 6.1

(Topic created: 05-13-2024 05:19 AM)
FAUguy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

I noticed that after my S22 Ultra was updated to UI 6.1 last Friday, that the AOD Notification Icons are all white like the clock time. They use to each be their own color, such as Red for YouTube. That made them easier to see. Now with them all white, it's a bit more difficult to see what's no there at a distance. I went into Good Lock/Lock Star and in there it shows them as full color (see picture). But it doesn't actually do that in the phone.

16 Replies
Benjilus2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm noticing that as well
Carly 1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I totally agree. It's so annoying and goodlock doesn't change them to their app colour as it says it does. 

requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

I just sent a note to the Good Lock developer team to see if this is something they are aware of and working on. I'll follow up when and if they respond. They are typically quite responsive.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I got a response thanking me for the report and promising to raise the issue with the developers. Hopefully this leads to a fix.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
MattLaTorra24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you Dan!

0 Likes
FAUguy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
This is absolutely ridiculous! With my S22 Ultra laying on my desk or the nightstand next to my bed, it's very difficult to make out the notification icons since they are small and now all the same color. For example the mail notification icon and YouTube notifications icon look almost the same (square space). At least prior to UI 6.1 they were each their own specific color and could be identified more easily. This needs to be fixed.
jezelor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Desperate to have colored icons back on the AOD šŸ™‚

FAUguy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, since this UI 6.1 update, the AOD is not as good as it use to be. The notification icons seems to be smaller or spaced closer together and are no longer individual colors. Not liking it
userRAAWmImvpi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Just so you're all aware, this has been reported since the S24 and S23 series were updated to One UI 6.1. They don't seem to be in too big of a hurry to release an update to fix it. But it's been an open-ticket item since the first week of March.  Rumor has it, they've been aware since shortly after the update was pushed and have said they were going to address it with an update. That GoodLock/Lockstar update has yet to be released though.