JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

After last update, random automatic screenshots

(Topic created: 12-23-2022 08:31 PM)
TxHermit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Somewhere around the time of this most recent update, my S22 Ultra has started vigorously taking screenshots whenever it feels the need. If I set the phone down, pick it up, double tap to turn off/on the screen, close an app, etc... I notice it happening probably 10 times a day, but my gallery shows many more.

I plan on doing a full reset soon, posting here is kinda a last resort. 

Is there any logging available so I can see where the screenshot call is coming from? 

Before someone suggests it, I am running enterprise level AV/malware protection, and have been doing so since I got this phone about 6 months ago. 

Extra sensitivity is not enabled. The only screenshot action which is turned on is the standard volume down + power, which I can guarantee I am not accidentally hitting 10+ times a day.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
John

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
For actual logging, if your phone is on sound or vibrate for sound mode, screenshots should make the phone vibrate, which means you can track them using the good lock module nice catch. Just turn on the vibration history setting and you should be able to track them.

Links:

Good lock: https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock

Nice catch: https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.goodcatch
0 Likes
TxHermit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I already have that plug in installed and enabled, now, stupid question, how do I access those history lists? The description says from the "apps main screen," which is where?
0 Likes
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Open up the module from within goodlock. Make sure the toggle for vibration history is on, and then tap on the vibration history option anywhere on the left side of the vertical line by the toggle.Screenshot_20221224_101542_Good Lock_1000004361_1671898542.pngScreenshot_20221224_101551_Nice Catch_1000004363_1671898551.png
0 Likes
TxHermit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
That is pretty nice, however it would appear screenshots are handled by "System UI." Which is listed more than anything else combined
0 Likes
ManoloBull
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
This helped, thanks!!! I was going nuts! Same thing was happening to me, right after the update and was going crazy trying to figure it out. After I seen this post I seen that Registar was running in the background. Shut it down and no more random screenshots! Again thanks!