Original topic:

Alarm plays wrong sound on what is selected

(Topic created: 11-01-2023 11:42 AM)
losangelesgraff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I just had a huge issue. I'm so confused this has never happened.

So I've noticed the phone being buggy but wasn't anything important. Well then I noticed one of my day alarms changed its sound from "angel's feather" to a "single short beep". The alarm will read "angels feather, but the sound that goes off is a beep. 

Well I was to busy to look into it and my normal work alarm worked fine, until it didn't.
Yesterday my job called me asking why I wasn't at work and I couldn't understand why my alarm didn't go off. 

Knowing that the phone was buggy I just factory reset it and reset the alarms to normal. 

What do you know the very next  day I get the same call why are you not at work. Also with a threat to loose my position. 

I reset the alarm when I got to work and instead of playing the angel feathers a single beep went off. This is after the factory reset!! 

I'm furious and confused. Every one is acting like I'm making it up or I'm just crazy. Now I need to by a darn plug in alarm clock so I don't lose my position. 

Any ideas what's happening would be extremely appreciated šŸ˜ž 

I've had samsung phones for ages and I've never ever seen this. 
14 Replies
Felicity W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello! I just found the same issue.  Checked google play to see if I could download another clock app and I noticed the actual Samsung clock app was pending. So I uninstalled it and re installed it and now my alarm sounds when it goes off!

Salzyood
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm having the very same issue, pretty odd ngl and made me miss out on my class a few times, mine usually goes back to normal after i restart my phone but it does still comes back spontaneously. One trick i do is that i actually play the sound of the alarm before sleeping just to test it out

Just figured it registers that I'm in a call and that's what causes it to just beep

1problemchild
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same for me, suddenly just one beep
jennimars79
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same issue. Any response from Samsung?

0 Likes
losangelesgraff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Not anything satisfactory, I was kinda disappointed. It seems like it could be the Samsung alarm app. May need a 3rd party app. But needs to be a professional one imo
0 Likes