Original topic:

Another Data-Disappeared Phone

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Luro
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Good afternoon from beautiful SoCal,

I'm sending this with regards to an issue I've seen pop up lately with the S22 Ultra where the data, after the most recent update, is wildly inconsistent at best. There's a few options for what occurs throughout the day:

ā€¢ Phone has data, shows 5G, works fine
ā€¢ Phone has data, shows 5G, does not work (pictured, subject's name blurred out for privacy purposes)
ā€¢ Phone has data, does not show 5G, does not work
ā€¢ Phone does not have data, does not show data, does not work (no-service slashed-circle)

This is after working flawlessly for two and a half years, no issues whatsoever. Battery shows 100% quality. Always cased, never cracked (in both external and internal terms), nothing strenuous over time. And then boom, data is on the fritz. Went to an Asurion shop on my time and the tech all but confirmed it's an internal issue with the motherboard.

What gives? Is anybody else struggling in the past week or two with this or similar?

QUICK EDIT: Already replaced the SIM card, which was out of date, but the data dropped again within ten minutes. I have all my data backed up in case a full wipe is necessary.

Five bars of 5G service can't connect for a simple phone call, apparently.
4 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
If it's the mother board causing the problem that will need to be replaced
Luro
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a bad feeling it is the motherboard ā€” I started to get carrier-swapping now, about an hour after posting this. šŸ˜ž
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Best to get repaired the mother board us the brains of the system
RohitSrinivasan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I feel like this is not a motherboard issue. There are many people facing the same issue. They lose the network and data at random times including me. I am having this issue from the start of 2024. I have been made to run from pillar to post and have never gotten a proper solution at all.
0 Likes