JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Apps not working on Wifi

(Topic created: 10-06-2022 05:38 AM)
userr42dYxccI5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

This problem started a few weeks ago. But most of my apps will not work when I'm connected to wifi (any WiFi work home or public). The app would just spin and nothing will load, as soon as I turn off wifi the app would work immediately. 

I've cleared cache, reset network settings, deleted my wifi networks, nothing works. Other devices on the WiFi works just fine.
I've called Samsung tech support, zero help. They seem to think it's an issue with my phone but it's not. Because my wife has the same issue and she has the Note 11. So I think it's probably a recent update. Who knows when they'll fix it.
A temporary fix I found is if I turn on my VPN (I use NordVPN) then it works. But as soon as I turn off my VPN it'll stop working.

I think I'm done with Samsung phones. This S22 is  Got this phone 3 months ago and it's been nothing but issues, everything from fast draining batteries, it's actually slower than my previous s21 Ultra. I think I'm switching to iPhone next. I've been using Samsung for the last 10 years but I'm done. I hate this 
26 Replies
DumDumTech
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Most likely a software issue. My wife and I have S21 5G. WiFi drop at least 6 times a day. Rest of my devices doesn't have this issue on a Wi-Fi 6 router.

Off topic, but my Oneplus 8T factory reset by itself in the middle of the night and it deleted all my data. At least Samsung doesn't have this issue.
0 Likes
userr42dYxccI5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

So Samsung/Android sent out an OS update last week AND THIS ISSUE IS NOT FIXED!! I really can't take my phone anymore. It's completely useless when I'm on my WiFi: Google Drive, IG, Amazon, and random other apps just won't load!! I turn off my WiFi and instantly it loads.

HOW THE HECK DO YOU SAMSUNG ALLOW THIS TO STILL BE AN ISSUE???

Meladori
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I can confirm I also have this issue after an update a few weeks ago. I thought it was my WiFi for awhile but after looking here i see its probably not. Same experience some apps just spin spin and spin for me I noticed the MyChart app for medical and my Anthem insurance app as well. Soon as I disconnect WiFi the apps load on cellular. Its crazy I hope Samsung figures it out.
userr42dYxccI5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I've actually had this issue for a few months now. My phone S22Ultra, my wife's phone Note 11, and one of my employees has a S21Ultra, all same issues. Happens at home wife, work WiFi and even public WiFi apps won't load. Turn off wifi and it works immediately.
I've been hopping with every update this issue be fixed but nothing. Call tech support and those people have ZERO idea other than to tell you to factor reset. Seems to be the only trouble shooting skill they have.
I'm so over Samsung/Android phones.
Jumping ship soon, iPhone will be my next phone.
nilesh11
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I brought new samsung galaxy s22 last week and I am having similar issue. Some apps works some not like Twitter every time I have to disconnect from wifi. I can return my phone luckily within two will return it tomorrow .
userr42dYxccI5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Yeah if you can return it, do it. Because this issue has been going on for months now. We've had at least 3 system updates since then and none of them fixes the Wi-Fi issue.
I don't understand how a FLAGSHIP phone can't function properly when connected to WiFi and no one at Samsung is fixing it. Absolutely horrible.
Definitely switching phones, done with Samsung after this ordeal. My phone is brand-new and can't even use the WiFi anywhere otherwise the apps just sit there spinning.... completely useless  phone

SEA559
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yep having all the above issues with my S22 Ultra and the S21
userr42dYxccI5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I still have the same issue as well. I've accepted this is how my S22 Ultra will be until I smash it one day when I lose my temper.
So done with this. #goodbyeSamsungHelloiphone
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Has anyone tried Reset All Settings, Safe Mode or Factory Reset? 

Also, be sure to bubmitt an error report. 

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes