JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Block Unknown Numbers Not Working

(Topic created: 01-18-2023 01:08 PM)
djHaystack
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I've done power cycle, factory reset, and even changed carriers. My phone rings for any number whether in my contacts or not.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
16 Replies
djHaystack
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you!
0 Likes
user5Ss3shlNwR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey thanks for the DND suggestion. I was having the same issue, and did not understand what the block function actually did.

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
No problem, happy to help in any way I can.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
saxclar1025
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hi Rydah, I read through this thread and I have a few comments. First, thank you for the DND suggestion, and for putting in the feature suggestion to allow schedules to have independent allow lists, which would technically solve the problem.

That said, in my opinion, that's a round-about way to solve the problem. I get SPIT calls all the time, they are relentless. I will never want to allow calls from numbers not in my contacts. I think an easier, more user-friendly way to achieve this would be to add a "block all callers not in contact list" setting similar to the "block unknown callers" setting, perhaps immediately under it. I don't know if there's some legal restriction against that, but if the only hesitation is that people will inadvertently turn it on without realizing the implications, I think it would be better to implement the feature and block it with an "ARE YOU SURE" modal and/or auth check (or something better, I'm a developer, not a UX designer 🙃) than not implement it at all.

Also, even if the individual allow list per schedule improvement is made, now when I actually want to turn on DND except for favorites on-demand (like for going to the movies), instead of being able to toggle from the quick panel, I have to open up the DND settings and make changes there, rendering the quick panel DND button basically worthless.

Just my 2 cents, I appreciate "don't shoot the messager", just giving you another user's feedback. Thanks for considering what I have to say.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

thatweirdoaj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Super annoyed that there's no options to block all calls that aren't on your contacts list besides turning on Do Not Disturb... which then, I'd like to be able to customize each schedule. For sleeping, I only want to allow my favorites and repeat callers. During the day, I'll allow anyone in my contacts list to contact me and allow all app notifications.
I feel like both of block calls outside of contacts list and do not disturb schedules are basic functions. Why don't we have those?! 🤦🏽
Google phones have the "block all numbers except for contacts" feature. I guess it's a matter of companies listening to their customer's wants and needs. 🤷🏽

I'm trying to find an app that I can install to help with the filtering since Samsung is of no actual help. 😒
saxclar1025
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm not super experienced with mobile development, but I'm considering learning just to do this.