JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bring back the rear fingerprint reader

(Topic created: 06-22-2023 04:04 PM)
userMLNn89np1d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

The fingerprint reader under the screen is unreliable (to say the least).

I had a Note 9 and the fingerprint reader on the rear just worked. The rear sensor was really useful at night and much faster to unlock when picking up the phone.

The under-screen reader doesn't work 90%+ of the time to unlock and seems to be weirdly even less reliable in apps, so I still need to use my PIN, which makes my S22 Ultra a productivity blocker rather than an enabler.

For business users will also post an issue with the camera when scanning documents.... 

Should've kept my Note9 - still going strong for the person I gave it to.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you userMLNn89np1d,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Elsnp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I couldn't agree with you more! I loved my note 9 and didn't want to give it up. The finger print scanner and the back was awesome! The S22 ultras finger print scanner is worthless. It never works eventhough you scan different angles to get a good read.
electronicbuff
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have already contacted them. My s9 plus was the best phone ever.  Please put fingerprint scanner on back of phone.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Mine is totally reliable.  Perhaps it's your screen protector. But if I were going to want it changed, in my experience by far the best location is on the frame side. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you userMLNn89np1d,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes