Original topic:

CSRF Token Missing with Vivint App and Software Update Concern

(Topic created: Tuesday)
SamsungNoteUser
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello,
I have a S22Ultra and I have the Vivint Alarm System. Forthe last 2 1/2 weeks I am no longer able to log into my Vivint Account (via website) or my Vivint app. I keep getting an error message that states the following:

ā€£ csrf cookie is missing or invalid: when I try logging into the Vivint App

ā€£ invalid Account when I try and log into the Vivint Account to view my bill.

I have talked to various people at Vivint and they are still trouble shooting the issue. Things done are as follows:
  • Deleted cookies and browsing data in Google Chrome
  • Deleted cookies and browsing datain Samsung internet
  • Uninstalled and reintalled the Vivint App
  • Un-installed and reinstalled the website. Now accessing via Microsoft Edge..still does not allow me to log on
  • Vivint support has had me "revoke" my profile and add myself back to the home panel. I then go and log on again and still get the same error message.
Is this my phone or is this Vivent issue? Do you know of anything else I can do on my phone to try and fix this?

I also have a Samsung Tablet. I have searched and I am not sure why I cannot download the Vivint App on my Samsung Tablet. Can you tell me how to do this?
Note: Vivint suggested that I try using another device.

Note: My husband has an iphone and he is able to log on without any issues. So it makes me think there is something with my Samsung phone that is creating the error message.

I also noticed that when I did the last update on my phone. It states that I have the latest update; however, there is another line below that that states the "Continue Update" but, this is not enabled it is greyed out. So why is this displaying?
Is there a way to push another update to my phone so that this reference is no longer displaying? I have never seen this with any software update.

I know this is a lot and I certainly appreciate any help suggestions to fix the above issues.

Thanks,

0 Likes
4 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Just my thoughts would seem to me the update not complete is causing a issue I would try a soft reset press the power button and volume down button same time should restart after few seconds that may help the update complete seen low memory or bad connection can cause the update issue
0 Likes
SamsungNoteUser
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello, thanks for the suggestion. I did try the soft reboot. However it is still displaying "continue update"
0 Likes
SamsungNoteUser
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Here is the screen shot.1728449694524.jpg
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Try the memory status see if it's low or not in device care if that's good may want to try wifi in a day or so check for update
0 Likes