Original topic:

Galaxy Store notifications

(Topic created: Tuesday)
NotHappy4321
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I've owned a Samsung phone since I was first able to afford my own smart phone. That changes today.

Samsung just decided to start spamming ads through alert notifications from the Galaxy Store app with NO WAY TO TURN THEM OFF. I've spent enough time trying to figure out how to stop them and the spam continues.

I'm beyond angry. I'm totally done with samsung products now and for my entire household. I'll be phasing all of them out when I can and I am never looking back. 

Cheers
2 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

From @LongHiker 

There is a way to turn these off. It does take a couple of steps. First let's turn on visibility for the notification categories.

1. Open phone settings
  2. Click on Notifications
  3. Click on Advanced settings
  4. Enable the option "Manage notification categories for each app". I hope that in the future this is on by default but currently it is not. 

Now turn off the Galaxy Store notifications that you don't want. 

1. Open phone settings
  2. Click on Notifications
  3. Click on App notifications
  4. Click the 3 dots in the right top corner and enable Show system apps
  5. Scroll down and click on Galaxy Store
  6. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Notification categories.
  7. Now you can turn off the items that you don't want.  

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
JCat17
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you longhiker!! I've been having the same problem and your solution worked. I was so PO'd getting those notifications since the last update. It shouldn't be that complicated to shut off notifications but I'll keep that in mind when I buy my next phone. Pay attention Samsung!
0 Likes