JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calls being Blocked

(Topic created: 07-07-2023 02:16 PM)
1KingGhost
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone is blocking a number that I did not request to be blocked. When I look at the block list the number is not listed. 
Is there anyone else that is having issues with phone numbers being or showing blocked "by phone" but you can still receive txt messages from the number? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand your frustration on a number not being blocked in your device, but you can't receive calls from them. Since it looks like you've already checked on your device and the number is not blocked through the settings I would suggest reaching out to your carrier seeing as how calls are a carrier feature. Thank you so much for being a part of the community!

View solution in context

7 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm with AT&T, which has their own security app that will block calls called, ActiveArmor. Your carrier may have a simular app, so please check with them.
0 Likes
1KingGhost
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello! Thanks for replying and I am also with ATT this issue just started on July 4th. I havnt done anything out of the norm nor have I gone into the Active Armor app...
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
You don't have to actively block a number on the ActiveArmor app. Sometimes it's like your junk email folder. Things will at times get blocked until you confirm it as being okay.
0 Likes
ReyV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
How do I unblock a blocked number I previously blocked before ?
0 Likes
ReyV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I meant how do you unblock a number which was blocked accidently?
0 Likes
Micktoria
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I am as well. My nephew cannot call me and he is in my favorites list. Same scenario as yours, can receive texts, but cannot even see he calls. Goes straight to VM. Frustrating and no at AT&T can help me. Tell me I need a new phone...whatever! I have an S22+.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand your frustration on a number not being blocked in your device, but you can't receive calls from them. Since it looks like you've already checked on your device and the number is not blocked through the settings I would suggest reaching out to your carrier seeing as how calls are a carrier feature. Thank you so much for being a part of the community!