JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera enhancement idea/request

(Topic created: 11-15-2022 07:47 AM)
hbelkin
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
It would be a great addition if there was a way to quickly override the folder where new images will be put (in a given camera session only--should default to Camera")... There are times I want to shoot a number of images for various uses and don't really want them on my camera folder (and then have to move them). A "folder selection" button would be wonderful! 

Surprised that none of the various device camera apps seem to have this... It could go a long way towards organizing images by allowing a little "pre-organizing" in those situations where such is appropriate and useful.

5 Replies
hbelkin
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
Not at all!
Example: Before taking some work related photos, I select my WORK folder. Then I shoot a bunch of images, close the camera app and I'm done.

The other way, after I shoot the images, I have to open a gallery app, select the images and do a MOVE operation. Definitely more time and subject to forgetting or being interrupted before doing the move.
0 Likes
hbelkin
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
It SHOULD be a quick button. Simple implementation. I spent 30+ years in IT and software... Any time you can PRE organize rather than POST organize it is a win.
hbelkin
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
Whether they WOULD or not is a different question. But if we don't ask they certainly won't. 🙂
They are making camera app changes lal the time, new version just recently.
Kmiec123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
+1 great idea!! Along the same lines....the screenshots and recent all go to Google backups, I would like to only share the photos I take, not screenshots and all recents.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungSay
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes