Original topic:

Can anyone explain this for Verizon update for S22 series only!

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
It seems Samsung's update for the S22 series with UI 6.1 on the Verizon network received the ability to toggle off 5G, it is the only series that will get this feature so far. Not the 21, 23, or 24.

Edit, S23 series got it in last month

Is there a logical reason for this?

17 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Ask Verizon.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
That is a decision by Verizon. They are notorious for modifying features on the devices they sell. They also remove the Samsung cloud backup option in an effort to force people to use their paid backup service
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an unlocked phone. I will never have a carrier branded phone again.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Does it have a Verizon sim in it? If it does, unfortunately they can still control this when it comes to updates on their network. It's stupid, but unfortunately they can do it
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, updates from them, no carrier bloatware!
Member23
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
That's so funny because my unlocked phone all of a sudden turned everything into Korean and now I'm on Korean standard time and was always getting told by the router I had configuration issues... so I bought the S23 thinking if I bought from AT&T it would be better. Turns out it's actually way worse. And this phone is so bugged out that I literally hate it. It's logged in as 6 different phones, all mine, all over. There is no syncing or something going on
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
So weird!
0 Likes
hbelkin
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Interesting note, but I'm on an s22 on Verizon network now updated to 6.1, and that option does not show up in my settings
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
This is what was on Verizon's update page for S22+ and Ultra description of what was in it!
Are you locked or unlocked?
0 Likes