Original topic:

Can't receive messages on Google messages

(Topic created: Sunday)
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22

Well I downloaded Google messages to try it out and see how it is and like I already knew it deeply sucks, I can only send messages but I can't receive them at all from anyone not even my other phone

SayneX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I ain't even going to read all of what you said because the first sentence is what I was saying originally. You came to debate what I said, and you should have made a comment of your own with your own advice. I said to just make sure it was default. You are going on trying to say someone was wrong when I had to verify again if that wasn't the case. You start out saying you can't message from 2 different apps which is what I said so this whole back and forth was pointless and you are in denial of what you type because you are messaging under everyone.
0 Likes
koalawedgit
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone will not answer phone calls what can be done?
0 Likes
koalawedgit
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I made the mistake of installing an app to screen my calls so I I deleted it but now my phone will not let any calls go through only text.
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh no that's not good idk what to do about that except factory reset your phone
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Did you delete it or uninstall it?  See if it's still listed in your apps in the phone settings.  If it is, uninstall from there. If not, Did you put the Samsung Dialer app back as your default phone app?

0 Likes
SingSing1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I just received my Z Fold and Flip 6. I believe I will send at least the Fold back. No live messages again and they are looking to force Google messages down our throat!
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Did your phone come with samsung messages?
0 Likes
SingSing1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I had to download it off the store. Google message came with both the Fold and the Flip. It didn't even Transfer over from my old devices when I did smart switch
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
The new standard of messaging will br RCS, which S messages does not have. So, yes, eventually Google messages will be forced on you.
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
What is RCS??
0 Likes