Original topic:

Cannot sort alarms by date

(Topic created: 03-11-2024 01:46 PM)
Dave53711
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi to my Samsung Community,

ISSUE:  alarms on Samsung S22 phone cannot be sorted by date.  Instead, they are listed in seemingly random order….  With active and inactive alarms intermixed.

Saw this same issue on several other forums.  One listed a solution, but that was just a suggestion by the moderator to pass this issue on to the tech team.  That did not solve the problem.

Understand:  many folks have 20-30 active alarms set and 20 more that are inactive.  It is beyond ridiculous (very confusing and annoying) to struggle with out-of-order alarms.   Even more frustrating is how easy this would be to fix!!

Lack of sequential sorting effectively renders this tool useless because it is so easy to misplace (read: omit) an alarm you want to reuse.  As such, this tool is unreliable.

No excuse for this.  As shown in the forums, this sorting issue has persisted for YEARS.

Please......  Fix this now!

Dave from Wisconsin, Retired
(But still paying taxes)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dave53711
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

FINAL SOLUTION...  I just abandoned the Samsung-provided app and downloaded a 3rd party app (free). 

NAME:  Galarm.  Now my active alarms are automatically organized in order as they are set to got off....  the way is SHOULD be.   

View solution in context

0 Likes
16 Replies
Whitley4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
You can actually sort them to your liking.
Click the 3 dots beside the +
Click sort
Click custom order.
0 Likes
Dave53711
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks.   Yup….  First thing I tried.

1. Three dots
  2. Sort
  3. Custom order

This simply shows all of my alarms (active and inactive) in random order.

Now what….??  What is next step?   What do I do to arrange them?

What am I missing.

Of course, this should not be necessary because the default would be active alarms should be presented in order of occurrence.

Dave in Wisconsin

Dave53711
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

That is the first  thing I tried.

1. 3 dots
  2. Select “Sort”
  3. Then, Custom order

This shows all of my alarms in random order….  Just like they always are presented.

Now what….?     What do I do to actually arrange them to my liking?

What did I miss?

So too then,  why are they not simply arranged in most logical sequence?  Namely:  order of occurrence.

Thanks,  Dave Peterson

Whitley4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Press & hold on the alarm, then the arrows will appear.
0 Likes
Dave53711
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks, Whitley....  that is it!  But that is not a solution.  "THAT" is ridiculous. 

Listen up smart guy at Samsung:  Active alarms should AUTOMATICALLY be sorted by order of occurrence.  That is:   DEFAFULT to the order in which they will ring.

PURPOSE:  easily review upcoming alarms. and modify as needed. 

Let folks who want any other sequence (unlikely) move them as they wish.

Jeeesh!

Dave Peterson.... (A CPA in Wisconsin who has everything in his life in good order---  EXCEPT MY SAMSUNG ALARMS.)

LDRamage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you!!!!! I see, I see, I can click and move them! Excellent!

0 Likes
LDRamage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Uh oh, but they don't stay in the order I change them too! Why is that?

0 Likes
Whitley4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
That's odd. Mine do.
0 Likes
LDRamage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I agree with you! order of occurrence, please!

You can change them in Edit (3 dots customize) to view what alarm will be next, but the alarms aren't permanently placed in the order you put them in, unfortunately. So, it is pointless.