JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flash causing washed out pictures

(Topic created: 08-23-2022 07:24 PM)
kayD77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I've had a lens protector on since I've had my phone and the flash has just now started washing out my pics.  Protector is not over the flash.  Is there something else that could be causing my pictures to turn out way over exposed when using the flash?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

I removed my lens protector shortly after I installed it.   I was getting what you describe and glare on the lens because the protectors are not coated. 

Especially if you have a glass protector,  the flash can enter the edges around the cutout for the flash and interfere with the picture.   Only you can decide if you want to Leave it installed or not. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV

View solution in context

4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Not sure which phone you have but Im having sporadic episodes of the same on my Note 9. Wondering if its rime to upgrade.
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

I removed my lens protector shortly after I installed it.   I was getting what you describe and glare on the lens because the protectors are not coated. 

Especially if you have a glass protector,  the flash can enter the edges around the cutout for the flash and interfere with the picture.   Only you can decide if you want to Leave it installed or not. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
Jim in Ohio
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Excellect reasoning regarding flash entering the side edge of the glass lens protector.

My SOLUTION was to apply a narrow strip of FOIL TAPE along the edge of the glass, next to the flash. PROBLEM SOLVED!

The foil tape I used was furnace tape, available at hardware and home improvement stores. 

Amazon has a small roll of "3M 3311 Silver Aluminum Foil Tape - 1 in. x 5 yd." for under $5.

Best of luck.

DMTLSD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Then off auto FSP
0 Likes