JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Speaker Distortion and Crackling

(Topic created: 03-08-2022 03:15 AM)
kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
If you are having speaker crackling coming from both speakers and you're within your return window, RETURN YOUR PHONE and buy a new one. Hopefully you get one from a new batch that was built right.

Info only:
I pre-ordered early and got my s22 around Feb 23rd. In colder weather, playing any audio through the speakers sounds like they're blown out. Sounds terrible. Some other members have the same problem and said that pressing down on the screen firmly would make it sound normal. As soon as pressure is removed, it goes back to crackling. In warm weather, speakers are fine. 

After calling Samsung support 4 different times, they came up with no solutions except to send the phone in for evaluation and repair. I told them that it's my only phone and I'm not wanting a "repaired" device but a new one. Repaired devices are never as good as factory originals and since I keep my phone's for 3+ yrs, I need one that's gonna last like my s8 active did. 

It's unacceptable that after spending so much money on a flagship product, we receive something that fails quality control. I'm still within my 15 day return window and will be sending it back. Already purchased a replacement myself hoping its from a different batch. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
51 Replies
Nieves
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
T-Mobile. The report was already sent.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
This is some sort of software problem. I also experience this occasionally, it happens most when calling my voicemail. I have the S22 Ultra so it's something that affects the entire S22 series.