Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Ultra will not connect to Android auto

(Topic created: Sunday)
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Galaxy S22 ultra that all of a sudden will not connect to Android auto. It says it's connecting and constantly gives me an error when I connect any cable. Every other phone connects to my car but mine. It used to work, I have researched, restarted, un-installed and reinstalled, bought new cables, to no avail. It charges in the car, out of nowhere it stopped connecting. Any ideas?

18 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
So, likely not the car, but something with with the AA app on your phone. What happens when you plug in? Nothing? Error message?
0 Likes
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I've un-installed it, cleared data, cache, I don't know what else to do. I don't do anything to the settings. It just stopped working one day.
0 Likes
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Sometimes I get a message about needing a different cable, but that happens with all cables, I've even bought new ones.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
What happens when you plug in? Nothing? Error message?
0 Likes
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Sometimes a message about the cable, sometimes nothing.
0 Likes
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I've even had the phone say it was connected but didn't show on the car as connected.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
You said you switched cables and other phones have no problem connecting. Have you checked the settings to make sure auomatically connect and star while screen is locked didn't somehow get changed? Settings/connected devices/Android Auto.
0 Likes
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, I checked that
0 Likes
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
That's why I'm at a loss, I have no idea what it could be