JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Store showing a limited list of apps - NOT WORKING

(Topic created: 10-19-2023 12:19 AM)
MilanFC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I wanted to install an app from the Galaxy Store on my S22 Ultra, but was greeted by the following list of apps instead of the usual home screen with recommended apps and a search function that I have on my Tab S7+. This is the first time I've seen this message since I usually use the Play Store instead. Debugging through the internet has led me to:

• reset the Galaxy Store

• uninstall updates

• reupdate it to the latest version

• clear the cache partition of the phone

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? While checking for updates for my phone, it says that I have the latest version installed (Software Version S908USQU2BVJA/S908UOYN2BVJA/S908USQU2BVJA with Security patch level: October 1, 2022). The Security Patch is extremely outdated and every time I go to update it through Security and Privacy > Updates > Security Update, it shows that I am on the latest version. However, doing a security and privacy scan of my phone shows that it's outdated and required an update. I'm not sure if this is relevant to this issue, though it's definitely a problem.

Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated since I'm at a loss for what could be causing this issue. Please let me know if you require any further information. Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can absolutely understand how frustrating it is when you're trying to download an app and your Galaxy Store isn't cooperating! 

First, let's try to update the Galaxy Store to see if that will fix any bugs that it may have. You can follow these steps to do so (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080581/). 

If you've updated it and you're still having the same issue next I would suggest clearing the cache of the Galaxy Store by 

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app
Tap Apps & notifications. See all apps
Scroll down and tap Galaxy Store
Tap Storage, Clear Cache
Tap Clear data
Re-open the Galaxy Store, and try your download again.

If you have tried all of that and it is still not working properly the next thing I would suggest is to back up your data and do a factory data reset on the device. You can do that by 

Launch the Settings app, and then tap General management
Select Reset
Select Factory data reset, and then review the information
When you're ready, swipe to and tap Reset
Tap the Delete all button to continue with the reset and delete all information stored on your phone.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
whenever20
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't want galaxy store app on my android stop forcing it and the theme remove it
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can absolutely understand how frustrating it is when you're trying to download an app and your Galaxy Store isn't cooperating! 

First, let's try to update the Galaxy Store to see if that will fix any bugs that it may have. You can follow these steps to do so (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080581/). 

If you've updated it and you're still having the same issue next I would suggest clearing the cache of the Galaxy Store by 

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app
Tap Apps & notifications. See all apps
Scroll down and tap Galaxy Store
Tap Storage, Clear Cache
Tap Clear data
Re-open the Galaxy Store, and try your download again.

If you have tried all of that and it is still not working properly the next thing I would suggest is to back up your data and do a factory data reset on the device. You can do that by 

Launch the Settings app, and then tap General management
Select Reset
Select Factory data reset, and then review the information
When you're ready, swipe to and tap Reset
Tap the Delete all button to continue with the reset and delete all information stored on your phone.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes