Original topic:

Galaxy s22 not getting android 14/oneui 6.1

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
njbgalaxy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I bought my s22 off Back Market as unlocked and have not had any problems with it. It is the 256gb model. I've been wondering why it hasn't been updating especially when I found out my friends s21 has the new update, so I contacted Support and they told me to try plugging it in to a laptop with smart switch to update it... I tried it... and nothing happened they were able to figure out by my imei that it was t-mobile locked, however it must have been unlocked since it works with my Verizon subcarrier mobile-X. They confirmed that it should update to Android 16 but I'm stuck on 13. They also recommended I get it checked out by a device service place but I don't want to pay since it's out of warranty. Just wondering if any of yall can give me some pointers, it's nothing urgent but it's kind of frustrating that i can't get access to the full potential that my device is supposed to have.
Thanks for the help
23 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
It's possible the phone is reported by the original owner I would check the imei buying 2nd hand can be frustrating
0 Likes
njbgalaxy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Your saying someone may have stolen it and sold it to Back market then?
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
It's possible but will only know but the imei check and also the phone unlock status in network
0 Likes
njbgalaxy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
It worked fine signing on to verizon
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I would check the imei still something not right if updates aren't working
0 Likes
njbgalaxy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Will do
njbgalaxy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
That does not appear to be it1724027383932_1724027383914_0.jpg
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Only thing I can think of is that you clear the phone cache and restart do you get apps uodates
0 Likes
njbgalaxy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yep it works flawlessly except for this
0 Likes