Original topic:

Galaxy s22 not getting android 14/oneui 6.1

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
njbgalaxy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I bought my s22 off Back Market as unlocked and have not had any problems with it. It is the 256gb model. I've been wondering why it hasn't been updating especially when I found out my friends s21 has the new update, so I contacted Support and they told me to try plugging it in to a laptop with smart switch to update it... I tried it... and nothing happened they were able to figure out by my imei that it was t-mobile locked, however it must have been unlocked since it works with my Verizon subcarrier mobile-X. They confirmed that it should update to Android 16 but I'm stuck on 13. They also recommended I get it checked out by a device service place but I don't want to pay since it's out of warranty. Just wondering if any of yall can give me some pointers, it's nothing urgent but it's kind of frustrating that i can't get access to the full potential that my device is supposed to have.
Thanks for the help
23 Replies
njbgalaxy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I called tmobile and they said that the imei is telling them the phone was originally sold by Sprint and recommended I talk to Samsung support again they told me again that is is from tmobile but told me to contact my carrier, I am still working on that
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Translation mobile won't help
0 Likes
njbgalaxy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Yup go get a T-Mobile Sim card since that is who the phone is locked with cause that happened to me with Verizon I left them and went to T-Mobile and I had to buy a Verizon Sim card and put it in my phone and my phone started updating