JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Group text with individual replies

(Topic created: 12-04-2022 12:42 PM)
pjlsd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

For years I have been using the group text feature that allows for individual replies.  I am then able to communicate to a group of people with information I am sending out or a question I am asking, and then when they reply, the text only comes to me as I am the one who needs the response, not the entire group.  This prevents a group of 10-20 people from getting 10-20 responses that are actually quite annoying versus helpful.

With the option to switch to a group text with individual replies turned off, which I could choose to do on specific texts, we could collaborate when needed. 

It seems that I have now lost the first option...a group text with individual replies.  How do I get this back?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
In the Google Messages app, tap on your profile picture in the search bar and then tap settings. Scroll to Advanced and you'll see the group messages options at the top. I believe your answer is there.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung or Google Messages?
pjlsd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have tried both.  Neither give me the option.

0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Hmm... I'll do some research/ digging.
0 Likes
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
In the Google Messages app, tap on your profile picture in the search bar and then tap settings. Scroll to Advanced and you'll see the group messages options at the top. I believe your answer is there.
0 Likes
pjlsd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

sorry for my delayed response.  I finally figured out the two different options...Google messages and Samsung messages.  It was Google messages giving me the problem. Once I got switched back to Samsung messages I now have my group messaging option again that allows me to receive individual replies when desired.  Thank you for your help in guiding me down the right path.

KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Anytime! Glad you got the issue sorted out!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
When you create a group message unlock group conversation. Or click on se d individual messages Screenshot_20221204_163902_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20221204_163823_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
pjlsd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

How do I get to this? I don't see this option anymore.  I used to have it.

KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you try my above suggestion?
0 Likes