JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Help! Network not working/No signal

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
RedPanda4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I've never had a problem with my phone since I got it under 2 years ago. I was using Xfinity Mobile up until 2 months ago and it was working perfectly fine. Literally, after I restarted my phone during the last update pushed (January/February) my phone would say no service or not connected etc. My data was useless and my phone barely worked connected to wifi. I could only send texts to Samsung/Androids and not Apple products. 

At first I hoped it was just my carrier going bad so I went in to try to get it looked at. They said the best I can do is reset the network setting and restart the phone each time it happened. I needed to restart it every other minute and it was getting annoying. I switched to Verizon 2 months ago since my coworkers had no problems with it working out in the middle of nowhere. I'm still having problems where occasionally I can't send or receive messages even with 4 bars, I'll be out with others who use Verizon and can't access the internet or use my data even though they can, they'll show 5 bars when mine shows no service, and there will be random dead spots in the middle of the city where I service the week before and all of a sudden don't. 

At this point we think it's my phone and the update it pushed. My dad just paid off this phone so I could switch carriers and I graduated college last year. I lowkey can't afford to buy a newer phone/model and the trade in offers don't sound terrible but I've already got so many things to pay I'd really prefer not to add another. 

Are there any recommendations on what to do or where to go to try to get this fixed? Also I would love to know if I'm not the only one this is happening to! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your phone not holding service after the update. As you stated you restarted your phone in the middle of an update, it may have corrupted the update. I would recommend a software reflash as this will allow the update to be properly re-installed on your phone. In order to have your software reflashed you would need to send your device in for service. Please contact our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 to get your phone set up for a software reflash.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Tdinh27
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
You m8ght have manually set up your mobile network access point names.
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone is not working
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your phone not holding service after the update. As you stated you restarted your phone in the middle of an update, it may have corrupted the update. I would recommend a software reflash as this will allow the update to be properly re-installed on your phone. In order to have your software reflashed you would need to send your device in for service. Please contact our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 to get your phone set up for a software reflash.

0 Likes