JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I get the notification sounds from my s9 moved onto my s22?

(Topic created: 08-29-2022 02:32 PM)
user54gf63bZnb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I just got an s22 but I don't like the notification/alarm sounds included with it.  I have my s9 set up with different sounds for different apps and I can't find anything similar on my s22 to replace some of them.  

There must be a way to find the sounds on my s9, save them somehow, and move them to my s22.  Anyone know how to do this?

Is there a way to open the SecSoundPicker directly?  Then save some?  Move them to the new phone?

I can try just recording them but of course the quality won't be very good, and then using them on the new phone. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey there.

You can use a file explorer such as FX File Explorer on Google Play and go to System>System>Media>Sounds> then go into the respective folder for the sounds you'd like to copy.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

10 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey there.

You can use a file explorer such as FX File Explorer on Google Play and go to System>System>Media>Sounds> then go into the respective folder for the sounds you'd like to copy.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user54gf63bZnb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

That's a cool app, didn't know it existed.  But for some reason the one called 'Knock' that I really wanted to keep using isn't there. 

Not sure where else it could be stored.  Or maybe be named something else?

0 Likes
user54gf63bZnb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

That's a cool app, didn't know it existed!  Thank you!

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get them off my phone now though. 

0 Likes
user54gf63bZnb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

This worked!  Took me a little while to figure out the details, but it basically went like this:

Using the FX File Explorer app:

Find the files (/system --> system  -->  media  --> audio)

Copy and paste (on old phone) to internal storage --> download

(press and hold to copy)

Quick share the files to new phone

From quick share in new phone, select and copy into notifications folder

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Let me see what I can find, I have a spare S9 somewhere.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

user54gf63bZnb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

With the FX File Explorer  app, that the other person suggested, I was able to find the files.  Can't figure out how to save and get them off my phone yet though.

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
It was me that suggested it. The Knock sound is called S_Knock.ogg in System>System>Media>Audio>NOTIFICATIONS.

To copy them, press the [+] button on the top right>Press menu>Select all>Copy - then navigate to another folder such as your Downloads folder and paste them there. Then you can share them via Quick Share/Nearby Share or maybe via USB.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

user54gf63bZnb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It did help!  Thank you very much!  And sorry I didn't see this reply until after I had played around with it and figured out how to copy/save/ etc too. 

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
No worries at all! Happy to help and get the job done 💪🏽

Have a great rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador