JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to turn off location permissions for Modes and Routines?

(Topic created: 07-16-2024 10:16 AM)
QueenJ12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I see that the modes and routines is tracking the location and I am unable to turn it off. Is there also a way to stop all permission in modes and routines app?

4 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Modes and routines is not tracking your location.  It needs location permission in order to perform actions that require a location like anything you automate to do while you are in a specific location.  It will only track your location *if* you have a routine set that requires it to know where you are.  If you do not intend to ever use modes & routine, just turn off the permission if you are that disquieted by it being on.

You can go to settings/apps/modes and routines/permissions and either turn off location completely or switch it from all the time to only when using the app.  I don't think you should turn it off, though, it only really tracks, as I said, if you set a routine that uses it.

QueenJ12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Won't let u turn it off . All permissions are on I want to be able to turn all off
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Well, if you can turn it off that means it's a necessary permission for the app to run. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Because it does not track you and it does not run unless you are running a routine that requires a location.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Honestly, if you're that worried about being tracked, you shouldn't have a cell phone. Or use Google Maps the instant that you use Google Maps you're being tracked everywhere. You can turn off the location for the phone. But then you won't be able to use anything that requires location until you turn it back on.  Which is not usually an issue, as it's easily turned on or off in the quick panel, but if you have apps that actively use it (like a weather app), you will not get the correct information as long as location is off.