JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I keep getting prompted to update to One UI 6.0 over and over?

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 10:40 AM)
Members_YWgEkCM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have been prompted to update my phone to one UI 6.0 8 times now. Each time, I install the update my phone shows it the settings that I am now running 6.0 but within a couple of minutes I've got the notification telling me that my phone has an update. I have wiped the cache and I have factory reset my phone. This is getting quite annoying. Is there a way to push this "update" to an indefinite date so that it is not constantly telling me to update?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can absolutely understand how frustrating it can be when you're getting the same prompts over and over! There are a couple of things we can try!

First, I would suggest clearing the cache of your device by following the below steps.

With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
When the device turns on and logo displays, release both keys.
Use the Volume keys to highlight wipe cache partition, then press the Power key.
Continue using the Volume and Power keys to confirm your choice if prompted.

Next, I would suggest backing up your information and doing a factory data reset just to see if anything needs to be pushed through. 

Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap General management. Swipe to and tap Reset, and then tap Reset all settings. Review the information, and then tap Reset settings. Tap Reset to confirm.

And lastly, if you've tried both of those, and it's still prompting you to update over and over again I would suggest having a certified technician take a look at it to make sure everything is okay with it! 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html I do apologize for any inconvenience.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Members_DKsxDQ6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

All the problems with the S22 is cause from Samsung. It's their issues and their software. And they want to push it off on somebody else . I bought this about 2 and a 1/2 years ago and I regret it. It has been nothing but a problem from day one.

fredeblack
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Latest Samsung News..."Samsung ui 6.0 update turns on transcription and voice, virtually locking you out of your phone and to accessibly panel only, while everything you touch enables voice talk back" don't Talk-Back to it, it will only make things worse..god luck shutting sown the bouce model! Thanks Samsuck!

0 Likes
userRNRCuM8GHQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I keep having the same thing happen. Over and over update. I am going to metro tomorrow to try and replace my phone anyway, so I'll ask them. So stupid.
0 Likes
bdurushia
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here. My A53 was on its way out and today I just setup and transferred everything to a new Z Flip 5. Keeps trying to update over and over. Took me a few rounds to realize that it was the same update (thought it was doing multiple updates cause it was a new phone and wasn't paying attention.) I don't know whats going on with the Samsung UI 6 but this is terrible. Feels like the put the whole thing in an infinite While loop with a boolean that never changes and keeps the update prompt going on forever
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can absolutely understand how frustrating it can be when you're getting the same prompts over and over! There are a couple of things we can try!

First, I would suggest clearing the cache of your device by following the below steps.

With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
When the device turns on and logo displays, release both keys.
Use the Volume keys to highlight wipe cache partition, then press the Power key.
Continue using the Volume and Power keys to confirm your choice if prompted.

Next, I would suggest backing up your information and doing a factory data reset just to see if anything needs to be pushed through. 

Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap General management. Swipe to and tap Reset, and then tap Reset all settings. Review the information, and then tap Reset settings. Tap Reset to confirm.

And lastly, if you've tried both of those, and it's still prompting you to update over and over again I would suggest having a certified technician take a look at it to make sure everything is okay with it! 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html I do apologize for any inconvenience.

0 Likes