JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Independent validation of Protect Battery option?

(Topic created: 04-02-2022 08:40 AM)
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I generally understand the idea behind the Protect Battery option -- that avoiding stress caused by consistently charging to 100% can prolong battery life in the long run. However, older "wisdom" regarding battery health also suggested limiting charge cycles by charging and discharging more fully. Have you seen any recent independent testing reports comparing charging routines including PB and declaring a best practice? PB sounds logical, but so does the alternative. 
Thanks

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
Members_FHaLhLV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I've been charging my phones between 30 and 80% for years.

I use an app called Battery Alarm to tell me when I needed to start or stop charging. Worked well for me.  

Then I started using Android Auto and had to keep the phone plugged in while driving.  Bothered me that I would be charging to 100% in that case. 

Now, with battery protect, it is so convenient. I only use BA to tell me when to charge.

My s23+ stays in the 30-85 range for much more than 24 hours so I am a happy camper. 

0 Likes
usern1MTqaSf5d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

How do you know if the Battery Protect feature is actually working? It's enabled on my work S7FE as I can have it connected to power 90% of the time, but I haven't found a way to determine it's actually working. I think I'd rather it show the actual percent charged number rather than change the scale. I don't know I'll enable it on my personal S7+ or not. I have a battery reminder utility that keeps me between 40 & 80%. 

0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
My S22 shows the actual charge percent, and when it reaches 85% it shows a message that charging has paused based on my settings.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes