JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is there a way to have a software update on cellular data ?

(Topic created: 09-01-2022 01:44 PM)
katei
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm trying to update my Samsung galaxy S22 Ultra without wifi I don't use wifi much i need to figure out if i can updated my system software update on my Samsung galaxy s22 ultra on cellular data 5g ????!!!
i have AT&T!
9 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Sorry to say but you would need to use wifi for all updates you can't change it too use cell signal

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
katei
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thy need to update that!
Tidbitty
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
It's a AT&T thing. They offload all update traffic off their network.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Not so sure about that.

We are on an MVNO, using an AT&T card, and can update via Data.

However, we would not do that, since Wi-Fi is way more reliable for an update
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you get your device from AT&T? If you didn't that's why you can use data.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Nope - we would NEVER buy a phone from a carrier ... only buy Unlocked devices from Samsung

BTW, the OP never stated they have a carrier locked device
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
As your response pointed out. You only buy unlocked and don't have that problem. He has that problem which is an obvious sign he has an AT&T branded one which AT&T forces all update traffic onto wifi.
0 Likes
MysticHaze
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I only buy unlocked through Samsung as well, previous notes, no problem to update via cellular data. This stupid phone, s22 ultra, is not letting me do that. I have had cricket now, for a while, and they use att towers.

It's annoying. I live in a rural area, only option is satellite internet, it's slow and expensive. So we just don't have internet. Have to go to cafe or library. 🙄
bzhs7dhbf8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have had att for years. And I brought the pixel pro 6 got all updates over cell. No wifi.
Bought the fold 4 from samsung no updates at all. I am Goin to buy some other phone that will allow it and never buy another samsung. I have also had only samsung phones until last year when I got the pixel so 2 different phone in about 15 years.
0 Likes