Lock screen with half the pattern dots after last update

(Topic created: Thursday)
EdneyMatias
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi there!

I'm in trouble.

Today I applied the monthly update to my Galaxy S21. 

And now I can't unlock my phone because the lock screen show part of the dots on the screen. It's showing only 6 dots out of the 9 than normally I use to enter my pattern.

I already tried Samsung Find My Mobile but was unable to unlock it.

What else should I do?

Thank you.

Matias.

8 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
You didnt set a backup password? Try rebooting into recovery mode snd clearing the cache partition. See if that helps.
0 Likes
EdneyMatias
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I do have a PIN but what do I do to make it allow me to enter it?

I also cleared the cache as you suggested but I will have to wait some time to tell if it worked. I entered the pattern multiple times in hope to be offered another type of authentication.

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Try swiping the screen up and it should ask for the pin. You don't want to make too many attempts at the wrong pattern or you might find youself with a permanently locked phone.
0 Likes
EdneyMatias
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

That is a good thing to know, thank you a lot! I'm waiting...

0 Likes
justmeagain79
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Try a hard reboot to see of that fixes your issue. Press and hoth vol buttons and power button until screen goes black.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
If clearing the cache was going to help, it would have been immediate. You should try the suggestion offered above on the hard reboot, or just try shutting the phone down and the turning it back on.
0 Likes
EdneyMatias
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Just to let you all know:

- clearing the cache didn't help

- neither the hard restart

This is how it's right now: 

imagem_2024-07-04_140255702.png

0 Likes
JCells
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

You may try booting the phone to safe mode: Power on your Galaxy phone or tablet in Safe mode (samsung.com)

I help Samsung device users during my free time. Thank you for being respectful.
0 Likes