Original topic:

MEGA THREAD: One UI 6 General Feedback

(Topic created: 12-01-2023 10:07 AM)
Mr_Khan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Awful update of one UI 6. Recently upgraded my s22 ultra to one UI 6 and I really wanna go back. Last time I wrote about the issues in the gallery app, video player in gallery app, and notification panel. After discovering more things about new update is that now I can't play my audio in 2 different Bluetooth speakers at once using media control. I also can't switch back and forth the audio from Bluetooth speaker to my phone speaker and to achieve this I either need to disconnect the speaker or turn off the Bluetooth. This is getting absurd, day by day. These are all my daily activities in life and samsung have completely messed things around and there is no going back. Very poor update from samsung especially at the time of Christmas and season of music. The developers of this  upgrade have arbitrarily made changes without thinking about the users.

1,300 Replies
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Do you remember when one ui 5 first came out? It was buggy and laggy. Then, with a bunch of updates, it got a lot better. One ui 6 will be just like that. I found it to be better from the onset than one ui 5 was when it first came out. So I say, be patient, it will get better.
Options
Galaxy S22
That exactly the rite answer
Options
Galaxy S22
I agree, but they also made other things worse, like the ability to control the volume by just pressing the text in the drop-down menu.
Options
Galaxy S22
Give it time as I said in my past update on the one ui 6 update the first five days on any major update as this was it will work out the bugs time will tell
userWeCZQHQ23h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Breaking Bluetooth and WiFi connections with the UI 6 update seems to be a bit worse than some lag when UI 5 came out.

There's no knowing how long it will take for Samsung to patch the broken Bluetooth connections (or if they ever will).

0 Likes
Dxcv0720
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Just got the One UI 6.0 update and disappointdx with a few design choices. The biggest one right now, the Always on Display would get brighter when  a notification came through. Now the screen stays the same brightness and its not very noticable.   Can we go back to having the screen or have a setting to choose how the screen reacts?

Options
Galaxy S22

Many of the features that were supposed to come to 6.0 got pushed back to 6.1. One of those was the better always on display which was supposed to add more clock colors,new fonts for the clocks and other stuff. 

6.0 was also supposed to add more colors to choose from on the lockscreen with wallpapers for Material U. 

It is said that these features will be utilized in Goodlock's Clockface on 6.1. Samsung is using Goodlock to add new features now but I'll take it. I use Goodlocks Lockstar to have the weather on my lockscreen and always on display so I'm happy about that.

The problem with Goodlock is people in certain regions can't use it but they're slowly pushing it out to people in other regions. I think of Goodlock as a mod even though it's from Samsung.

I'm hoping 6.1 will bring some updates to the widgit feature in Lockstar. Right now you can only place 2 widgits on your lockscreen and always on display.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Absolutely I agree with you 110%
0 Likes
stratguy
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I agree , im holding on to 5.1 even though i have 6.0 waiting to be installed. Im used to vertical app drawers. 6.0 goodlock/ home up lost this feature and it supposedly wont be available until the s24 release with 6.1 . The s23ultra is my first samsung phone and well im not impressed. I just feel like Samsung craps on their old owners to impress new future ones. Every Android phone ive owned has a vertical app drawer and you dont have to download add on B.S. to get it to work, but i can see the moon with my lame a@@ sideways app drawer. Woo-hoo . PULL YOUR HEAD OUT SAMSUNG !!!!!!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello to all my fellow galaxy friend and family im going on day six with with the new update and so far so good I haven't had any issues at all but all I see on here is major problems with this update in my opinion its like any other major update a lot of unhappy long time samsung customers and new too but we have to take into consideration is its the first major update in a while and we all know how much we love change but we as long time customer feel that samsung wrong them with either a phone or watch problems etc etc they can't catch up there so many issues with this update and people are upset and I can understand samsung fix the glitch 
0 Likes