Original topic:

MEGA THREAD: One UI 6 General Feedback

(Topic created: 12-17-2023 07:47 AM)
Mr_Khan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Awful update of one UI 6. Recently upgraded my s22 ultra to one UI 6 and I really wanna go back. Last time I wrote about the issues in the gallery app, video player in gallery app, and notification panel. After discovering more things about new update is that now I can't play my audio in 2 different Bluetooth speakers at once using media control. I also can't switch back and forth the audio from Bluetooth speaker to my phone speaker and to achieve this I either need to disconnect the speaker or turn off the Bluetooth. This is getting absurd, day by day. These are all my daily activities in life and samsung have completely messed things around and there is no going back. Very poor update from samsung especially at the time of Christmas and season of music. The developers of this  upgrade have arbitrarily made changes without thinking about the users.

1,312 Replies
Pusycatfish
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, simply play song "I push my fingers into my eyes" to set the mood th e n actually do it and you never have to worry about meaningless **bleep** again and start to focus on real problems like was I named after daddy? Mom replies I'm pretty sure yo daddy is, one of them guys Billy Bob Jimmy Joe!
0 Likes
Anelise
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Bro, what are you even talking about?
0 Likes
Pusycatfish
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
LOMFL!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
You can change the emojis in the keyboard app, in 3rd party settings, download whatever app you want to use and then it should pop into the Samsung keyboard options
Trance Addict
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
If you're referring to the animated emojis, those aren't the default ones anyway. Updating to Android 14 appears to have moved some things around in the list of emoji sets for several people.

To get the actual default emojis back to the first position in the list, look at the row of little colored icons directly above the emojis (you may have different ones than I do).

Swipe that row all the way to the right end and tap the gear icon there.

You should now see a screen that will let you toggle off any emoji sets that you don't want. The animated set that everybody hates so much is labeled "2_5D animated emoji".

If you tap the word "Edit" in the upper right corner, you can change the order that the emoji sets appear on the list. You can even select sets that you don't want and delete them.

Look at my screenshots and make sure that you put the default set at the top of your list so it looks like mine. This one is labeled simply "Emoji" and cannot be turned off or deleted. You can turn off the others or delete them if you want to.

You should now have the real default set of emojis in the first position in your keyboard. They should look the ones in the screenshot on the far right.

I hope this helps! šŸ˜€1704756932200.jpg1704756953662.jpg1704756953680.jpg1704757524363.jpg
0 Likes
lilianaaaaaa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
What gear icon?
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Just above the emojis is a row of icons for all the emoji sets that you have installed. Don't worry if you don't have the exact same icons as I do. I've downloaded several custom sets from the Galaxy Store.

Drag this row of icons to the left as far as you can and a gear icon will appear on the far right side of that row. I circled it in red in my screenshot.1704863034195.jpg
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
If you don't want to bother changing the settings, you can simply find the icon for the default set and tap it to use the good emojis again.

I've rearranged my list to put the two icons next to each other so you can see the difference. You may have to swipe that row of icons back and forth a bit to find the icon you're looking for.

The icon for the animated emoji set has stars in its eyes. The icon for the default set doesn't.

I hope this helps. 1704888018458.jpg1704888404586.jpg1704888404604.jpg
0 Likes
Anelise
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Why did it change the look of the emojis? I'm fine with most of the other updates but now the emojis look like I have a tablet. Is there a way for me to change it back?
MrNobody777
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
You actually got the update? Mind sharing when ? Was it recent ? Still haven't gotten it in my unlocked s21+ from Samsung. Thank you for any info ! I'm hoping to get it soon.
0 Likes