JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Music/mp3 not playing?

(Topic created: 08-25-2023 05:34 PM)
NonyaGG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
It's been a like a month since I had this, but now it's for reals starting to annoy me. So basically, almost any music app(pretty much ones that play downloaded music) I use, everytime I play it, no audio comes off of it. No sound comes out as it just plays, unless I hit the volume up/down, which is annoying. Spotify on the other hand, is working fine. But it's just apps that play mp3(I think) that don't work, like samsung music. I don't use that one, but it's just an example. Please, there must be some fix to this.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can absolutely see how having to press the volume keys for the music to play can be frustrating. 

The first thing I would suggest trying is to put your device in safe mode in case a 3rd party app may be causing this issue. 

If the issue persists the next thing I would suggest is to back up your device by using these steps (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060517/) and then doing a factory data reset by 

Ensure the device is powered off.
Simultaneously press and hold the volume up.
While continuing to hold Volume up and Bixby, press and hold the power button.
From the Android Recovery screen, select. Wipe data/factory reset.
Select yes.
Select. Reboot system now.

If you've done both of those and your device still makes you push the volume key to be able to play the music you can submit an error report by following the below steps.

Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope these help!

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can absolutely see how having to press the volume keys for the music to play can be frustrating. 

The first thing I would suggest trying is to put your device in safe mode in case a 3rd party app may be causing this issue. 

If the issue persists the next thing I would suggest is to back up your device by using these steps (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060517/) and then doing a factory data reset by 

Ensure the device is powered off.
Simultaneously press and hold the volume up.
While continuing to hold Volume up and Bixby, press and hold the power button.
From the Android Recovery screen, select. Wipe data/factory reset.
Select yes.
Select. Reboot system now.

If you've done both of those and your device still makes you push the volume key to be able to play the music you can submit an error report by following the below steps.

Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope these help!

0 Likes