Original topic:

One UI 6.1 feedback megathread S22 series

(Topic created: 05-21-2024 11:02 AM)
Conissocool
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

This newest update is straight trash. I don't want ai features on my phone, the voice to text is literal garbage and I can't even use the **bleep**ing samsung voice anymore. I just want my phone back

SuperMom1974
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
you should, I do
0 Likes
Dewbaby
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, I lost voice to text too and have tried to get it back but nothing is working. Does anyone know how to fix this?
0 Likes
caninelover
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I found the microphone button at the very bottom of the texting page (finally!) Still haven't figured out how to get my always on clock option back or have text and v/m notifications on always on display. Why was this upgrade needed? As far as I'm concerned, it's a DOWNGRADE! Very frustrating!
Dubmaster
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I don't even want this Advanced Intellegence garbage on my phone at all.  I don't use AI and have no need for it.  It's earing up space in my phone, as well as adding new settings I need to keep an eye on and make sure they stay turned off.  If it wasn't there, then there'd be no way for it to get turned on even by accident.  If I wanted AI on my phone I'd have downloaded chat GPT.  Making sure it's turned off is a bad option and bad advice.  It needs to be gone.

I need to figure out how to root this phone.  The hardware is good, but the software is awful and getting worse with each update.  Forcefully adding AI is **bleep**.

harv134
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to Settings > Advanced features > Advanced intelligence and turn off any AI features that you don't want.
Members_v764nZD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Read this too, yet that isn't  in my settings even utilizing the search under settings. Since that last update every video I take automatically tells me I'm out of Space! ONE 4 SECOND VIDEO AND 32 PHOTOS??

NOT ONE FILE, PDF, NOT EVEN 25

APPS ARE INSTALLED.

0 Likes
harv134
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
This is the future no matter what you think. And if you are worried about data collecting, it happens to everyone. And how are you turning it on accidentally? Like if you don't like OK, but you dont have to rant about it.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
They didn't install a transformer model AI or a chat bot onto your phone, its not scanning consistently, your phone hasn't started thinking or spying on you any more than it was before. Galaxy AI is just an umbrella marketing term for a handful of AI assisted features that need to be manually activated when you see the little star emoji looking button or hold the home button for circle to search, which isn't even "AI", it's just a rebranding and redecorating of a decade old screen analyze feature.
Options
Galaxy S22
I only have the AI settings for the keyboard (style & grammar), Samsung internet browser, and the photo editing features in the photo gallery toggled on.
I have absolutely no use for any of these other things such as interpreter, voice recorder, or Samsung notes, so I leave all those toggled off.
I've noticed that the AI enhancements have actually made improvements to Google Search. It actually improved the accuracy of the answers to inquiries I enter.
I'm quite impressed, it's actually quite improved. And, if you have the Google Assistant voice assistant, it's also improved. Never cared for, or trusted Bixby. Bixby reminds too much of Alexa.
But, if you do use the advanced intelligence features, make sure that you have the PROCESS DATA ONLY ON DEVICE section toggled off, because it counteracts the AI features.
0 Likes
Members_w6OUnK2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Isn't that exactly what they want you to think? Sure this time it's only a rebranding butv3 updates from now it can listen in and do whatever it wants. BS. Need an alternative for those who see a little farther down the tunnel then most. What ever happened to the customer being right? Or at least having an option to choose. ? ?