Original topic:

One UI6 and LC3 bluetooth codec is still missing

(Topic created: 11-20-2023 07:15 AM)
Straris
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

One UI6 was supposed to bring lc3 codec,
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/one-ui-6-0-supports-lc3-and-opus-bluetooth-audio-codecs/t...

I just updated to One UI 6 and lc3 codec is nowhere to be found, is there going to be another update or ?

10 Replies
AnsestralRecall
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yep, it was in one of the beta builds, got picked up by tech media then went missing and no one said a word after that.

Pathetic lack of communication by Samsung.
Roserosenrosen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
This is a violation of the Bluetooth le audio sig!
Roserosenrosen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Please prioritize the new Bluetooth Le and LC3 codec support in all phones, especially with One UI 6. And on existing headphones, the speakers, and the etc. They are we finely have a decent royalty free standard. We product lock in will destroy Samsung in the long run. 

Roserosenrosen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

This codec was on my device BEFORE I upgraded to ONEUI 6. This was from an OTA upgrade. If you are going to remove a feature, especially an important and new one, then include that in the release notes and reassure us that it will be returning. This should be part of Android 13!

0 Likes
Roserosenrosen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I certainly hope this is not Samsung plane Bluetooth codec games like it has with its headphones, specifically removing technology to push its own. 

0 Likes
Roserosenrosen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Samsung is ignoring this. They have lousy support for the buds to pro which they announced. They're great at marketing, not so much listening to customers.

Ktackett1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Why has this still not been addressed? It's almost 6.1 time and still no new codecs...
CyrusTheGreat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Bump was looking for lc3 support since more stuff is finally coming out with it and not listed as supported atm software wise when the hardware should work
Vageliz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Bump squared... there's so many more LC3 codec supporting TWS earphones now, we sure could switch using that codec for greater range and power efficiency.