Original topic:

Photos disappearing from folder

(Topic created: Sunday)
Alien3171008
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, wondering if anyone has ever had their photos just disappear from the Galaxy photos folder?

Had over a hundred individual folders dating back years, which I would move photos to as I took them. 
One day, I looked and 1000s of photos just GONE from all my folders. Some folders had a few still there, most showed none. 
Customer service was zero help. 
Just wondering, anyone else have this happen to them? 
7 Replies
meself
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Seen mentioned in the app review from time to time you could submit feedback in support
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I have never had not even 1 photo just disappear have you buy any chance happen to delete any photos from the Recents Folder or have Google Photos and deleted any photos from there
0 Likes
Alien3171008
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Didn't delete anything.
Customer service had no idea where they went. It happened after an update.
I'm talking over 5000 photos
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't know why anyone would keep 5000 photos on their phone and not offload them periodically to an external device. If you are talking about having them in cloud storage, there is only so much space they give you in the cloud. If the cloud storage gets deleted, so will what's on your phone. When your free cloud storage is full it stops adding new photos and may start deleting your oldest ones.
MrGhoul
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
5000 photos without some kind of backup?
siegfre
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you checked the Trash folder in your Files app or in Google Photos or Samsung Gallery?
Alien3171008
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Customer service searched everywhere. Just GONE after update that was done overnight
0 Likes