JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Plus keeps reverting to 3G / H+........

(Topic created: 08-06-2022 06:51 AM)
userWayVax72J5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello all, this is my first post here.  I have an S22 Plus, unlocked from Samsung.  I'm on T-Mobile USA service.  

I recently installed the July 1 security patch update.  Since then, my phone keeps reverting to 3G speeds.  It occurs as the following.  If my phone has been sitting for an hour, I pick it up, and it shows 3G or H+.  I will run an internet speed test, and get around 5 mbps.  I switch to airplane mode for 10 seconds, and then switch airplane mode off.  Immediately, I'm back on 5G and speeds are 300 mbps.

30 minutes later, my phone is back on 3G again.  If I toggle airplane mode on and off, I'm right back to 5G.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Since the July update, my battery life has also degraded.  I'm guessing this is due to the weak signal, and my phone is constantly searching.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

10 Replies
Solution
userWayVax72J5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello all,

I think I finally found a solution to my original problem.  

"Wipe Cache Partition"

After reading several threads, where users were experiencing degraded battery life, after the July update, I found a recurring suggestion.  Wipe the cache partition.  I gave it a try, and it seem to have fixed my problem completely.  I have not seen LTE or H+ / 3G, since the wipe, and my battery life is back to normal.  I did not back anything up, and I did not lose anything from my phone.  Give it a try, and hopefully this will help others, experiencing the same problems.

https://thedroidguy.com/wipe-cache-partition-galaxy-s22-1166388