JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 ULTRA: Read receipts and groupchat naming capabilities

(Topic created: 04-28-2022 04:18 PM)
JCloud
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello everyone, I have recently obtained the Galaxy S22 Ultra. Coming from a S21 plus. I used to have a feature that was in the Samsung default messages. (Not the Google One, Not the Verizon one) you were about to create groupchats and name them. Also you were able to get ready receipts from other Samsung users. Yes very similar to Apple products. The issue is that now that I have finally finished setting up my new phone I don't have that capability anymore. Does any know what this can be or help me solve this issue. I have spoken with diffrrnt reps at Samsung many times and some have no idea what I'm talking about. This missing feature is limited from sending and receiving messages in the groupchat I've created. Is there anyone else out there that has experienced this issue and If so what did you do to fix it. 
8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Is your phone unlocked?
JCloud
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes it's unlocked
0 Likes
Solution
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
If your device is an unlocked version it will not have the read receipt feature nor any others under the advanced messaging
JCloud
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes its unlocked
0 Likes
JCloud
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
You would think that is a little backwards. Though. Having an "unlocked" phone would give you more features
Virgo87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Right but it doesn't all it does is make your bill cheaper
userg9931PL9w8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
i have the unlocked version also, how can i get my read reciepts back? Irritating that just because my phone is unlocked i do not have that feature.
0 Likes
userrElWFObqow
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm also not finding any way to turn on/off read receipts on my S21. And I don't have an advanced messaging option that someone mentioned earlier , only regular messaging settings and nothing in there about read receipts. I've always had this feature on my other Samsung phones. Am I missing something ?
0 Likes