Original topic:

S22 Ultra - Reboot looping

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
USCG1992
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

(Edit): I just recently updated my firmware to the latest version about 2 days ago. Don't know if this would help. 

Last night I was scrolling as usual before bed on my phone. The phone froze mid scroll would not respond and the screen went black. It then tried to restart. It vibrated and popped up the usual "Samsung" screen, followed by the "Galaxy - Secured by Knox/Powered by Android" it stays on that screen for a few seconds and then goes black again. A few seconds later 'buzz' and it tried to reboot once more. This is a continuous loop. No stopping it. I've tried forcing a restart, power + volume down button, no avail. Tried the uploading new OS fester to get it to a different screen, that works and I can navigate/pull up the bar odes etc.. Once you exit that screen it goes right back to the boot loop. I've gotten to the diagnostic screen and cleared the cache as well. Upon rebooting from there it goes back into the boot loop.

Only method I can get any sort of normal function from is the freezer method. Placed it in the freezer for about 30mins, took it out and wet to power on and it actually did. Was able to unlock the screen too. But shortly after it froze once more and went back into the boot loop. 

I've also gotten a blue screen with the writing: "Secur check fail: vbmeta(1)

This is giving me a headache and anxiety! I can't figure this out! Please help! 
13 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
How did you update the firmware

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

USCG1992
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Software update was downloaded and installed through the phone itself, system update.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok will it load the recovery menu with the phone off hold the Volume up and power keys and when the logo appears let go of the Volume key

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

USCG1992
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I've done this. That's how I've cleared the cache and such. It's hard though because it's in the reboot loop. You have to catch it at just the right time. Is there another button code once in that menu?
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S22

So this was a official update you installed from inside of phone settings - Software Update 

because Secur check fail: vbmeta(1) only seems to show up with a custom download was installed 

If clearing the cache didn't help only other option that I can think of to try is resetting the device to see if that resolves the issue 

USCG1992
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Correct, that screen only showed up once. This morning. All through the night and the rest of this morning it has never appeared again.

I'm taking it to a ubreakifix Certified Samsung tech this evening. Trying to avoid the hard reset at this time due to pictures/videos and such I have of my father that passed away. I believe I had my backup and sync turned on but I don't want to risk it all just yet. Especially since I've been reading all over boards that this issue is pretty wide spread and is happening to multiple users. They all have said the hard reset did not work and it keeps trying to reboot...
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S22

That would be your only choose,  But I'm afraid they may want to reset the device also. 

USCG1992
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I sincerely hope not... At least not yet. I'm hopeful that since I can occasionally get it booted up maybe a file transfer is possible...
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S22

As long as you can get it too stay on for 20-30mins you should be able to transfer everything